Take a scenic train trip for two on The Overland
Make the journey your destination on The Overland! Two people take a scenic train ride between Adelaide and Melbourne for HALF PRICE! Go one way or take a return trip to either city!
- Two people take a scenic train trip on The Overland - part of the Great Southern Rail fleet
- Travel one way or take a return trip from Melbourne to Adelaide (or vice versa) - it's all HALF PRICE!
- The Red Service is economical but comfortable with reclining seats and ample legroom
- The Red Premium Service offers even more personal space with greater luggage allowance and a la carte from the catering trolley
- Both seating options allow you to purchase from the on-board, licenced café
- See the diverse Australian landscape - services run during daylight hours in both directions, three times a week
- Buy as many as you like and take the family on an unforgettable interstate journey
Going from Melbourne to Adelaide by air might be quick but if your eyes aren't glued to an iPad, you're only looking at boring clouds.
So forget going par avion and go via scenic ground on The Overland, part of the Great Southern Rail fleet.
The Overland makes the trip between Melbourne and Adelaide (and vice versa) a more pleasurable, more comfortable and more ambling experience because it's not all about the destination - it's also about the journey.
And today, you and your travelling companion get to take that journey on The Overland for half price. You can go one way or take a return trip from either city in an economical but supremely comfortable Red Service, or the more luxury Red Premium service.
This interstate journey will propel you across diverse landscapes, from rugged mallee scrubland to fields of golden crops, over vast plains and through gentle rolling hills.
You'll pass through classic country towns including Murray Bridge, Bordertown (famous for its white kangaroos), Nhill, Dimboola, Ararat and Geelong. The Overland services run during daylight hours in both directions, three times a week.
And you'll be travelling in absolute comfort in seats that can recline and give you more legroom than a plane! Both seating classes also offer access to the on-board, licenced café.
If you want a bit extra, Red Premium gives you greater personal space, a larger luggage allowance and a la carte dining options for purchase from the catering trolley - so you don't have to leave your seat!
All you have to do is click on the 'Buy Now' button. You're headed on a scenic journey for two people on The Overland. Go one direction or make a return trip. Taking in Australia's ground dwelling beauty for hours is better than a fleeting look at boring clouds.
Great Southern Rail offers unique and memorable outback adventure experiences with all the comfort and service synonymous with the world's great train journeys.
The nostalgia and romance of our trains stem from the grand days of rail travel in the last century.
These great trains navigated deep into the outback of South Australia and crossed the continent, inspiring a spirit of romance and adventure that still captures the hearts of Australian and International travellers today.
Great Southern Rail owns and operates the iconic Indian Pacific and The Ghan rail journeys, and The Overland leverages this to encourage tourism growth and give travellers an unforgettable interstate journey.
- Ground Floor
422 King William St
Adelaide, SA, 5000
- 13 21 47
- Offer is valid from 18th July to 12th December 2012
- Buy as many vouchers as you like
- Must make a booking by the 30th September 2012
- Bookings are essential via phone and subject to availability
- Must provide your Cudo voucher number when booking
- All vouchers not used by the 12th of December will not be refunded
- No cancellations allowed once dates are booked
- Booking, amendment and credit card fees may apply
- Not valid with any other offer or promotion
- Not redeemable for cash
- Full terms and conditions of travel are available at www.greatsouthernrail.com.au
- Travel agent licence No. TTA 164 190