Get close to Victoria's past and presences on a ghost tour
Get close to Victoria's past and presences with Beechworth Ghost Tours! Uncover its seamy underbelly on a 1.5 or 2 hour tour! Buy as many as you like and take a few earthly friends!
- It’s a 1.5 or 2 hour walking ghost tour from Beechworth Ghost Tours!
- Explore this Victorian town's seamy underbelly for 54% less!
- Go on the Beechworth Ghost Tour and wander the halls of the former Mayday Hills Lunatic Asylum
- Or, go on the Murder & Haunts Tour and uncover this town's shady past
Buy as many as you like for multiple tours, or take along a few earthly friends
Back in the day, it was acceptable to call people lunatics and mean it. In fact, they built places like The Mayday Hills Lunatic Asylum in Beechworth just for these people but it was no day spa. It was a place where over 9000 patients died… and stayed.
Yes, Beechworth is haunted by ghosts… real… live… ghosts. But don’t go digging out your proton packs. This is not a bust. This is all about spectral mingling in one Australia’s creepiest places. And your host will be an accomplished ghost guide from Beechworth Ghost Tours!
Get in touch with the other side on one of two walking ghost tours and choose when you want to go - either the early tour, which runs for 1.5 hours or the late tour, which runs for two hours.
If you want the chance to meet and greet a free spirit, the Beechworth Ghost Tour is the one to begin with. You’ll wander the halls of the former Mayday Hills Lunatic Asylum and unearth its shady past. Meander deep into the heart of the old hospital and discover what life was like within the dark and lonely wards. There may be a resident or two still there willing to show you…
If you’d prefer to take a microscopic look at Beechworth’s seamy underbelly, opt for the Murder & Haunts Tour. Walk in the footsteps of the town's most notorious murderers and hear gruesome tales in the centuries old laneways. You'll be taken back to a time when drunken brawls, prostitution and the hope of becoming rich was part and parcel of living on the gold fields. Hear about public floggings, executions, Chinese Lepers and ghostly apparitions, which are still seen lurking in the dark.
It’s the grit, the good stuff, the real life stories of Beechworth’s past residents that give the town its character. Some things should never be buried and this experience is one of them! So, for a night out with some non-corporeal acquaintances, click the ‘Buy Now’ button. You're about to become an asylum seeker so buy as many as you like, grab your earthly friends and go on a ghost tour!
Beechworth Ghost Tours takes you on a journey through the historical town of Beechworth and its notorious lunatic asylum.
Established in 1867 as one of three major asylums in the state of Victoria, the hospital operated for almost 130 years. During this time, close to 9000 patients died on site making this one of Australia's most haunted locations.
So join your host for a fascinating insight into one of Victoria's major mental institutions and its shady town and meet some of the "friendly" inhabitants....
- LaTrobe at Beechworth
Top of Albert Road
- 0447 432 816
- Offer is valid for three months from 26th December 2012
- Buy as many as you like
- Bookings essential via phone and subject to availability
- The 1.5 hour tour early tour runs at 6pm and 8pm, the 2 hour late tour runs at 9:30pm and 12am
- Offer does not include Investigation Tour or Twisted Tales Mine Tour
- Kids and family tickets are available at an extra charge - please contact Beechworth ghost Tours for details
- Not valid with any other offer or promotion
- Not redeemable for cash