Experience true tropical tranquility with an escape to the white sands and azure waters of Matamanoa Island Resort. This secluded sanctuary takes pride of place among Fiji’s Mamanuca Islands, 30km to the west of the country’s capital, Nadi. With no other accommodation on the island, this private paradise is an adults-only playground, with coral reefs, deserted beaches, crystal-clear ocean and lush tropical landscapes just waiting to be explored.
With just 47 rooms, bures and villas, Matamanoa Island Resort (rated among the top 10% worldwide on Tripadvisor) is an intimate escape from the everyday, with something for every level of leisure. Laze by the infinity pool, cocktail in hand, or sink your toes into the sand at one of the island’s pristine beaches. Snorkel or kayak over a marine sanctuary, or explore the surrounding reefs, pinnacles and wrecks with a scuba diving excursion. Keep the energy up with a spot of tennis, beach volleyball or a guided hike, or learn more about the local culture by joining a Kava ceremony or trying your hand at basket weaving and sulu tying. Finish the day with a treatment at the treetop spa, before venturing to Vale Ni Blau (House of Waves) for an oceanfront dining experience that celebrates local and international flavours with menus that change every day. Don’t worry about asking for the best table – every single one has ocean views.
Luxury Escapes inclusions (select nights)
- Dreamy days begin with daily American breakfast cooked to order
- Drink it all in with a welcome fruit punch on arrival
- Start the holiday right with a 10-minute foot ritual massage
- Sink into sumptuous serenity with a 60-minute couples’ massage (for stays of 3+ nights)
- Enjoy a three-course lunch for two and a bottle of sparkling wine (for stays of 5+ nights)
- Raise the romance with a private three-course dinner for two and a bottle of wine on a secluded beach or the privacy of your patio (for stays of 7+ nights)
Villa Upgrade: For prestigious levels of privacy, upgrade to a Beachfront Villa, where you’ll enjoy direct access to Veidomoni (Lovers) Beach, as well as a private plunge pool, gazebo with daybed and a king bed that looks over the Pacific Ocean.